BUSINESS ANALYST / INVESTMENT OFFICER at European Investment Bank
The EIB – European Investment Bank is the European Union’s long-term financing institution. It supports EU development and cooperation policies by financing investments in the public and private sectors.
EIB Global is seeking to recruit for its Global Partners Department – Financial Sector Division of its Regional Representation for Southern Africa and Indian Ocean, Pretoria, a
BUSINESS ANALYST / INVESTMENT AGENT
- This is a full-time position related to the Cotonou Mandate
- The duration of this contract will be 3 years
- The position is open to nationals of the Republic of South Africa
Employment at the EIB is subject to pre-employment vetting. The appointment of a selected candidate is subject to passing the EIB’s pre-employment exam.
Although operating primarily from Pretoria, the successful candidate must be prepared to travel to South Africa and other countries in the region.
The EIB is seeking to appoint a Business Analyst/Finance Officer to assist in the delivery of EIB operations in the Southern Africa and Indian Ocean region, who will work with a small committed team of international and national staff. In general, the person will have the opportunity to make a varied, interesting and substantial contribution to the evaluation and development of the EIB’s activity in the region with regard to the financing of private sector projects through EIB financing to financial intermediaries.
The Business Analyst/Investment Officer will report to the Head of Division based in Luxembourg and for administrative and institutional matters he/she will report to the Head of the Pretoria office.
More specifically, he/she is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Analyze financing proposals in order to develop business with financial intermediaries
- Interface with financial intermediaries in the detailed evaluation of financing proposals;
- Contribute to peer due diligence, including financial analysis, KYC and compliance, environmental, social and environmental (ESG) assessment;
- Monitor the implementation of the project if necessary;
- Conduct research on financial intermediaries;
- If necessary, build relationships with key external parties (e.g. financial intermediaries, government officials, local authorities, EU delegations, other institutions, etc.);
- Participate in meetings with external parties in Southern African countries
- Represent the EIB at events related to the financial sector in the region.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- University degree in finance/economics or a business-related discipline. Additional qualifications such as CA, CFA or CPA will be considered an advantage;
- At least 3 years of experience in credit analysis, project financing, strategic consulting or auditing;
- Experience in evaluating proposals to fund financial intermediaries Dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and business skills;
- Good communicator;
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple activities;
- Ability to analyze and report quickly and clearly;
- Work experience in several countries would be desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Fluency in Portuguese will be considered an advantage.
- Coaching for Success: Continuously monitors performance, focusing on improving it, demonstrating drive and determination to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Orientation towards change: adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to achieving results.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organizational boundaries based on genuine interest and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organizational Commitment: is willing to commit to an organization whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align own behavior with the needs and intrinsic values of the organization, acting with integrity in a manner that promotes the organization’s mission and policies and rules
We are an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity is good for our employees and our company. As such, we encourage the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced employees, regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation/gender identity or disability.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of EIB Group information. If selected for the position, you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, classification and document management) put in place by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or damage to the reputation of the EIB Group.
Personal data is processed in the context of recruitment in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by institutions, bodies, offices and agencies of the Union and on the free movement of such data.
If you are interested in applying, please note that after the application, we will contact candidates by email with the request to submit a cover letter.
Please write in the subject the job title and location.
Deadline for applications: 01/07/2022
- Desired skills:
- business analyst
- Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years Bank
5 to 10 years Business Analysis
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position