Program Management Office Specialist (Grants and Contracts – Due Diligence Assessment) – Myanmar
Summary of main results:
2.1. Grant Management
2.2 Knowledge management and innovation
2.1 Grant Management
- Perform due diligence for new implementing partners, follow due diligence assessments with existing implementing partners in coordination with different subject matter experts.
- Ensure that the due diligence assessment is carried out on time and to the required quality in accordance with UNOPS policies
- Take the lead role in coordinating fraud and embezzlement cases, including journaling, preparing note for donors, verifying quarterly reports, tracking recovery and documenting all cases.
- Ensure compliance with the sanctions list for all grants/implementing partners and maintain a tracking and screening log for all implementing partners and sub-partners,
- Ensure implementing partner checks on OHCHR fact-finding missions and other sanctions lists, including downline partners
- Assume lead role in risk mapping – New and existing implementing partners and sub-partners and maintain mapping log
- Follow up with Action Plan PIs against the DDA to track progress and completion.
- Proactively identify risk mitigation measures as part of downstream risk management.
- Ensure that all UNOPS due diligence measures are implemented as part of effective grant management.
- Act as the primary focal point for any risk assessment software/database to which UNOPS Myanmar may subscribe.
- Continue to improve the existing due diligence assessment questionnaire and other tools for all funds
- Provide support to implementing partners in strengthening documentation and processes in areas of improvement identified through due diligence assessment
- Provide assistance to focal points and grant recipients for the timely completion of follow-up actions to due diligence assessments by implementing partners
- Organize orientation of fund management offices and implementing partners on existing and new due diligence assessment documentation and processes.
- Lead staff and IP training on standards of conduct, fraud prevention, etc., in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide quality assurance on the grant and contract management cycle as assigned by the supervisor.
2.2 Knowledge management and innovation
- Keep abreast of and incorporate latest/best practices, approaches and technologies to strengthen due diligence assessment process, approach and lessons learned.
- Regularly update the due diligence assessment questionnaire to meet the needs of the organization in the constantly changing operating environment and associated risks.
- Maintain close coordination with relevant forums and offices with similar due diligence assessment compliance initiatives to strengthen grant management across the MMCO and other UNOPS offices
- Provide assistance to other UNOPS offices as a focal point for the MMCO Fund Manager on grants, due diligence assessments and compliance as required.
- A master’s degree in accounting, financial management, cash management, business management, business administration or related field is required.
- A bachelor’s degree combined with 2 additional years of experience relevant to the above duties and responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Certification in PRINCE2 or PMP is preferred.
- Chartered accountant or equivalent professional qualification is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in compliance, fraud prevention, legal, or project management/related field in a private or public organization is required.
- Experience in fund/contract and/or grant management operations is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams is an advantage.
- A good understanding of UNOPS financial rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience with Google Workspace is an asset.
- A working knowledge of ERP and the use of electronic financial management systems is desired.
- Full knowledge of English and the Burmese language is essential.